Sunday, May 4, 2014

Art Exhibits Video Reviews

1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
In the first video, The Lowdown on Lowbrow: West Coast Pop Art, some of the key concepts discussed was the idea of Pop Art and how unique it is, as well as how being high brow and low brow relates to it. This is a very individualized art in that the artists of pop art seem to feel themselves different or better than the ‘high brow’ or even snotty artists/people of art galleries. Talking about lowbrow art, this kind of artists seems to be considered less civilized than those of higher brow artists in art galleries and such. The second video, Displaying Modern Art: The Tate Approach, was all about modern art and how it’s part of/effected art galleries around the world. It spoke of the resistance against some modern art in galleries, but ultimately they helped give new shape to the art world. In the last video, An Acquiring Mind: Philippe de Montebello and The Metropolitan, it talked all about Philippe de Montebello who was the director of the Metropolitan museum for more than three decades, where he greatly increased the museum’s collection and changed the way it looked at the works. His work helped make the museum so incredibly successful.
2. Do the videos relate to the creation of your Art Exhibition project? If yes, explain how. If no, explain why not.
I think all three of these videos could relate to my art exhibition project. It has given me some great ideas about what kind of exhibit to create and work with. I will certainly be coming back to these videos when I finish my project.
3. What is your opinion of the films? Do they add depth to understanding of the art concepts you practiced while creating your curation project?
I think the videos were good, some of the most interesting ones we’ve watched all semester if I really think about it. I think I will definitely call back to the concepts learned in these videos when I complete my project. 

No comments:

Post a Comment