Monday, April 21, 2014

Modern/Postmodern Video Review

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I chose the Hockney on Photography video as I’ve always found myself interested in photography, and I chose the Andy Warhol: Images of an Image video simply because I know who Andy Warhol is, even if I do not like him.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
From the Photography video, I found it interesting that – as we’ve learned in class – photography is much older than one would think. The camera wasn’t invented in the 19th century, but the chemical process of developing photos was. For the Warhol video, this informed me more on his unique style. He utilized the idea of pop art, which was taking everyday items and making art from the image. He also liked to paint celebrities and he would do so but making copies of images from newspapers and such in order to do so.
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
Once again, these videos gave a good visual representation to some of what was discussed in the text book. It gave more specific details and understanding that built upon what we’d read this week for class. I enjoyed the videos well enough. They were an interesting way to build on what we’re learning, and kept my attention – they were less dry/boring than some of the videos we’ve watched in the past so I enjoyed that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment