Saturday, March 8, 2014

Peer Review Project

1. Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog
The two blogs I reviewed are: http://burgesslabria.blogspot.com/ and http://briannawainwright.blogspot.com/
2. When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?
I did agree with their images! I think the photos my peers shared really encompassed the elements and principles we discussed in class. I think some of the photos did encompass other elements than the ones they intended (though for one peer I believe the photos weren’t labeled so I was guessing which photo was which element, though they were pretty obvious to me).
3. When looking at Project #2: Were there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Were the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?
None of the images my peers chose were the same as the ones I chose, but the reasons were similar for some of the works they chose as for the ones I chose. We felt emotional connections whether due to nostalgia or comfort or something similar. Though really, one would expect us to choose these works because of the emotional response they elicited.
4. Were there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?
Yes there were! I really liked the glass work Tristano Di Robilant’s ‘Tree of Knowledge’ I saw on my peer’s post. As I’ve said before, glass works really intrigue me and the beautiful work of bubbles and cones made from glass was amazing! I can’t imagine the work that went into it. I’m so interested in how it was made.
5. What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?
I did like this, for I found it interesting to read my peers’ take on the different things I’ve worked on myself. Their takes and insight also helped me to solidify different facts in my head as well as see their different opinions and ideas that made me think about things differently.
6. Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

The comments I’ve gotten so far have been very nice and very informative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment