Sunday, March 2, 2014

Art Making/Material Exploration #2: Logo Design

Logo Sketches

Finished Logo
1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
I found this assignment to be quite...interesting. I really had to think about the kind of things I felt I emoted and represented. The hardest part of the whole thing was deciding what I felt I was, and then putting it to an image was just fun. 
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
Well like I said I really just had to think about the kind of things I enjoyed as well as the way I was perceived. I came down to the conclusion that I really just like adorable, frilly things, but I also am a writer at heart, so I wanted to tie those two things together. So I figured: pink bows and pencils. Then I just needed to figure out how to combine them in a somehow visually pleasing way. 
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
I wouldn't call it important, but I just re-realized that I am indeed not an artist and trying to create a piece of art, albeit how simple, was not an easy process. 
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, PowerPoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
Well for me, the most important thing I took from everything was that I needed to keep it simple. That this is a difficult process and you want to keep your logo individualized but also basic so it can be easily recognized and reproduced for production purposes. I felt the videos were pretty interesting and very informative! They kept me interested, while other videos have some time just left me bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment