Saturday, February 22, 2014

Exploring Value and The Subtractive Color Theory

Color Wheel
Value Scale
1. Discuss what you thought about creating the Value Scale and Color Wheel.
Well the one thing I was really thinking was, as someone who is not even slightly an artist or have any experience in art, the thought of creating anything, even something as small as this, comes with the worry that I'll inadvertently mess it up. But it actually wasn't awful. 
2. Which media did you enjoy working with the best and why?
I enjoyed the color wheel mainly just because the colors are prettier, and the paint was more fun with work with and mix than just coloring with a pencil. 
3. What was the most important discovery in the creation of these studies?
I don't know if it's a discovery, but I didn't know that cyan, yellow, and magenta were primary colors. I thought red, blue, and yellow were the primary colors. So that was interesting to learn! 
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
I found the videos were pretty interesting. I liked the color video best, as the value video was kind of boring since it was all just the shading of one color. Plus as mentioned the color video taught me about the true primary colors which was something I was not aware of. Overall they were pretty informative and very apropos for the pieces we needed to create. 

No comments:

Post a Comment